Data and Information Analyst (6 Months FTC)
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Starting salary of £25,481 + Benefits
The Data and Information team provide efficient, effective, timely and accurate data and information to internal and external stakeholders. The team also ensure compliance with legislation in relation to data protection and information governance.
The main objectives of the Data and Information team are:
- Effective data collection, to ensure all data collected by TWFRS is relevant and useful to the organisation
- Proactive analysis of all available data and information to support the organisations performance management and decision making process e.g. Quarterly Performance Reporting Process to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Accurate, reliable and consistent data and information is provided to all stakeholders
- Data is easily accessible to stakeholders to support organisational decision making
- The use of technology is optimised to support the delivery and presentation in the most effective way
- Appropriate data storage, retention and disposal procedures are in place to comply with relevant Data Protection legislation
The Service values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce that represents the communities we serve. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
About the Data and Information Analyst role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Data and Information Analyst. Under the guidance of the Data and Performance Advisor you will be required to undertake the support and delivery of duties within the function which contribute to the provision of an excellent service, whilst ensuring the effective use of resources. You will also support department managers in the delivery of exceptional services to our community and key stakeholders.
This role will provide technical advice, guidance, support and training to Service personnel on the effective use of data and performance information including systems. You will assist in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the Service’s data and information systems as well as software and risk assessment tools required to support the function e.g. Performance Monitor, Incident Recording System, CFRMIS, Mobile Data Terminals, Workload Modelling, Power BI, GIS and T-SQL.
You will be responsible for the management of historical data and information for the Service, identifying trends relating to incident data and deliver exceptional services to our community and key stakeholders.
- Experience of advanced data analysis and interpretation using a range of techniques.
- Ability to analyse and present data and information identifying trends and interpreting complex data.
- Demonstrate effective IT skills showing knowledge of a range of IT skills.
- Knowledge of computerised data and information systems.
- Effective time management to work to conflicting priorities.
Closing date for applications is 29 October 2021 at midday
What we can offer you
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters are based in a purpose build office in Washington, with ample free parking and easy access from the A1 and A19. On site facilities include catering facilities and an onsite gym. The role also benefits from an attractive package, including up to 22 days holiday and public holidays, Local Government Pension Scheme and access to a range of social and volunteering opportunities.
Set out below are the key dates relating to this selection process:
Advert closes 29 October 2021 at midday
Notification of shortlist w/c 01 November 2021
Interview w/c 08 November 2021
Please note the dates detailed may be subject to change due to COVID impact.
Interested in applying?
Further details can be found in the accompanying job description and person specification. To apply for the role please submit an application form via the Work for Us section of the TWFRS website. More information about our Service can be found by visiting www.twfire.gov.uk and our various social media channels.
This is an opportunity to exercise real influence over the future of our Service and informal contact can be made to Ross Hall, Performance and Information Manager, email@example.com
Thank you and good luck!
To apply for this job please visit www.twfire.gov.uk.