Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service
ICT TECHNICIAN – ICT, STRATEGY & INTELLIGENCE DEPARTMENT (SID)
STAFFORDSHIRE FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
Salary: Grade 4 (£20,043 – £22,129)
Other Allowances: 20% Availability Allowance (Technicians will be trained in on-call duties and expected to commence within 3-6 months of start date).
The post holder will be required to provide first/second line 24 hour technical support on a rota basis. This will include weekends and bank holidays
Hours: 37 hours (Green Book) – Flexible working scheme in operation
Location: Based at SFRS Headquarters, Pirehill, Stone, Staffs, ST15 0BS
About the ICT Technician role:
To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective technical support team within the ICT Department.
Duties to include:
- Provide first and second level support service for all ICT resources for users across the Service. This includes fault identification, fault reporting, fault escalation, and liaising with external contractors and service level providers to ensure successful and timely resolution and outcomes.
- Provide maintenance of hardware and peripheral devices, including the installation and proving of hardware and software, and the testing of modifications made to applications as required.
- Provide technical support to Service users of information systems to diagnose and resolve Network, PC and Thin Client Terminal related problems to ensure systems remain available.
- Assist in the provision of support, and liaise on technical issues relating to systems and equipment in operational vehicles, stations and departments, and portable devices.
- Provide technical support for software, hardware, and communications equipment, assisting with rectification of system faults and problems.
- Provide first line support on the ICT Service Desk. Escalate issues that are out of scope using the established escalation procedure. Document faults. Open tasks and maintain accurate information and timely updates using the Service Desk recording system. Update the knowledge base as and when required.
- Learn new application functionality, share best practices with team members, and apply new knowledge effectively.
- Assist with systems development, and security and integrity, ensuring maintenance routines and back-up services are provided.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is midnight 16th August 2022
To apply for this job please visit staffordshirepolice.tal.net.