Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
Mobile Vehicle Technician
Salary: £33,633 per annum includes contractual overtime and call outs, Grade 3.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Excellent annual leave allowance of 24 days plus public holidays, flexible working hours, superb Pension Schemes available, onsite gym and parking facilities
An interesting and varied opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Vehicle Technician with Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS). RBFRS has a reputation of excellence, and we invest in our employees. We operate within a diverse and inclusive environment and offer flexible working hours.
The role of a Mobile Vehicle Technician will be responsible for maintaining our fleet service, made up of heavy goods vehicles, cars and vans. The position also includes maintenance of the Service’s plant and ancillary equipment i.e. high and low pressure water pumps, ladders, cutting equipment.
As a fundamental member of the Transport team the ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the repair of vehicles to ensure regulations and Company standards are continuously met.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service provides prevention, protection and response services across the county of Berkshire. 12 wholetime and six on-call fire stations cover 486 square miles, from Langley in the East to Lambourn in the West. It serves a diverse cultural population of 911,400, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The role will require travel across the county of Berkshire.
The successful candidate will be inspired to demonstrate and promote behaviours in line with the Job Profile and our Behaviour Competency Framework as attached.
The key focus of this role is:
- To be responsible for planned preventative maintenance and reactive repairs, and ensuring compliance to applicable statutory legislation;
- Ensuring minor capital works are completed on time and to budget;
- Provide excellent customer service.
Key role requirements:
- Relevant professional qualifications (City and Craft Guilds in Motor Studies, parts 1, 2 and 3. BTEC Motor Technicians Certificate; or NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Motor Vehicles Studies);
- You must possess a Class C (LGV Manual Driving licence) and have experience and knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic fault finding and repair;
- The ability to work under pressure, performing detailed work to high safety standards;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, including Excel and Word, with the ability to use IT systems in the role;
- Ability to travel between work locations and other locations within Berkshire and a flexible approach to working hours.
Application and selection process
For further details about the role please contact Dean Parratt, Fleet Maintenance Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 9am Monday 30 May 2022
Anticipated start date: June/July 2022
It is anticipated that the assessment process will run week commencing 6 June 2022.
The Behavioural Competency Framework allows us to easily identify the behaviours that drive successful performance and enables us to deliver an effective service. The behaviours detailed within the job profile will be assessed throughout the selection process.
At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, we want you to bring your whole self to work.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are more than just words for us. That’s why we are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels included and respected, and where no one is unfairly discriminated against. All applications are considered on merit alone. We are a Disability Confident Leader – if you meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
Simply: Our community is varied and diverse. Our workforce should be too.
At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, everyone is welcome.
To find out more: rbfrs.co.uk/EqualityDiversityInclusion
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.