Salary £39k – £46k
To deliver property projects as required such that they are customer focused, on time, within budgets and carried out in accordance with agreed standards and policies (energy efficient).
Delivery of Property Building Projects:
- Manage appointed suppliers (consultants/contractors) to deliver building projects as allocated.
- The post holder will be expected to manage projects for repair and replacements in support of the Facilities Management team. The Building Surveyor may be expected to manage directly, projects carried out by external suppliers, as well as managing projects where a supplier acts as the Contract Administrator (CA) and/or Project Manager to another external supplier.
- Assist in preparing user brief requirements, delegated authority requests, budgets and timeframes to deliver the projects as above .
- Ensure all projects are carried out in accordance with objectives and policies and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure all projects are carried out to agreed timescales, budgets and standards (including performance targets) and in liaison with the Property team requirements.
- Responsibility for ensuring that business continuity is maintained during any project works.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Negotiate with the relevant authorities and obtain all necessary statutory consents required for the project works and/or instruct external suppliers to carry out these functions.
Quality Assurance and Customer Focus
- Deliver a customer focussed service. Seek and monitor customer feedback, and undertake rectification work as required.
- Ensure that the projects are carried out in accordance with management instructions and quality assurance processes including the Property Manual, Standard Station
- Design Brief (SSDB), policies, energy, compliance and sustainability.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders on delivery of the projects in accordance with the agreed consultation process.
- Appoint suppliers in accordance with Codes of Practice, Property Group procedures and best practice.
- Ensure SLAs and KPIs are in place and monitored, that suppliers meet required standards and are compliant with specifications and method statements for the project works. Take appropriate steps to arrange rectification, where required levels are not reached and where there is any non compliances including defects.
- Negotiate with suppliers in respect of claims for additional works and extensions of time on property contracts. Advise management on contractor’s claims and claims for liquidated damages, which may become due to the as the Employer under the terms of the contract.
- Ensure all procedures and timescales relating to the certification of supplier’s valuations and invoices are complied with including: checking accuracy, resolving any discrepancies, agreeing the final accounts and issuing the appropriate certification and notices under the contract.
- Ensure all due payments to suppliers are paid in a timely manner, in accordance with Authority targets.
- Ensure that prompt notification of any dispute is given to the Programme Manager. Coordinate the response to contractual disputes involving arbitration and adjudication.
- Act as a CA and or Client’s Representative/ Project Sponsor for specific allocated projects and the cyclical redecorations programme.
Closing date: 7th November 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.reed.co.uk.