Website Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
Prevention Engagement Officer
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Prevention Department.
As the Prevention Engagement Officer, you will be a key driver in increasing the number of Home Fire Safety Visit Referrals received by HWFRS through partnership working, targeted campaigns and effective communication with our communities. In addition, you will support with delivering community safety initiatives and events at district level in support of the Service’s Prevention Strategy. The role will provide continuity of services between operational crews, Prevention and the local community. You will also promote HWFRS services and safety messages through cost effective and innovative communication, promoting community well-being and provision of appropriate support to local communities to increase safety and quality of life.
Please note, the successful candidate would be expected to engage in a flexible working approach, as the role entails some weekend and evening work as well as occasional early starts.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience of planning, organising, implementing and evaluating campaigns, displays and events.
- Experience of networking and multi-agency working.
- Experience of managing staff and problem solving.
- An understanding of the effects of social exclusion.
- A current full driving licence.
- Awareness and understanding of issues relating to Community Safety work.
- Knowledge of equality and diversity and how they impact on community safety work
- The successful applicant will be subject to a basic DBS check.
Every day we’re helping to save lives and keep the community safe – and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don’t see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 26 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 31 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
- The closing date for applications is 29th August 2022 at 23:59. Interviews to be held the second week in September.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact please contact Watch Commander James Gough on 07469916126 or email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.hwfire.org.uk.