Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
In-House Solicitor (Deputy Monitoring Officer)
Hereford & Worcester Fire Authority
£45,578 – £48,570 per annum (including market supplement) + attractive benefits
37 hours per week – Opportunity for hybrid working (home/office)
Based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park, Worcester WR3 8SP
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal Services, you will help to provide a full range in-house legal service within the stimulating environment of a Fire & Rescue Service and be part of delivering a first class service to our communities. As Deputy Monitoring Officer, you will also be involved in the democratic governance processes of the Authority.
This is a varied and interesting role. You are likely to have a broad range of skills and experience covering a number of legal disciplines. Full training and support will be given to help you develop those skills further, as well as learn new ones. Whilst previous Local Government experience may be an advantage, transferable skills, a flexible attitude and willingness to learn are all equally important.
This is a role that will suit someone wishing to progress their career within a small, but supportive team.
Every day we’re helping to save lives and keep the community safe – and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don’t see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 28 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 33 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
- Access to the local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time and hybrid working schemes allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
- Full IT support for homeworking, including laptop and mobile phone.
- Payment of practising certificate fee.
- Funding for CPD and training.
- Free car parking at Service headquarters and across our 25 fire stations.
- Access to restaurant facilities.
- Access to the Blue Light Card – the UK’s largest Emergency Services discount card.
The grading for the post includes a market supplement of £5,000 per annum, payable for five years from the date of appointment.
For a full job description, person specification for the role and details of how to apply please go to our WM Jobs application page.
Closing date for applications is at midday on Monday 30th May 2022 . Interviews week commencing 20th June 2022.
The successful applicant will be subject to a NPPV Level 2 Vetting Check, as we are co-located on West Mercia Police premises.
For any further information regarding the role or for an informal discussion please contact Nigel Snape, Head of Legal Services (07920 502953) email@example.com (no agencies, please).
To apply for this job please visit www.wmjobs.co.uk.