Website Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Servive
Wholetime Crew and Watch Manager Inter Service Transfer 2021
Closing Date: 23:59 21st June 2021
Salary: CM Comp (£35,219), WM Comp B (£39,383)
Location: Various across Greater Manchester (territorial and functional)
We are pleased to confirm that Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Inter Service Whole-time Crew Manager and Watch Manager recruitment will be live until Midnight 21st June 2021. This will be open to existing wholetime competent Crew Managers and Watch Managers from current UK Fire and Rescue Services. Please note this is for substantive transfers only and is not a promotion process.
Shift Duty System:
- Roles: Crew Manager & Watch Manager
- Locations: Various locations across Greater Manchester
Non Shift Duty System (Day Crewing):
- Role: Crew Manager & Watch Manager
- Location: Horwich, Irlam, Littleborough, Mossley, Marple & Ramsbottom
- You must be able to provide a suitable base location within 1 mile of the station or where attendance can be made within 4 minutes (at normal road speed)
- Rent, fuel and light allowance
- Additional payments for providing ‘on call’ duties
- Although the successful applicant will initially follow the existing Day Crewing system in operation at our non SDS stations, they will be expected to accept the new non SDS duty system which will supersede the existing arrangements.
- Currently a competent wholetime crew or watch manager within a UK Fire & Rescue Service and conditioned to a wholetime duty system working an average of 42 hours per week
- Have a basic swimming ability and water confidence that will enable you to work safely in water rescue situations (must be able to demonstrate if required)
- Full UK ‘Category B’ driving licence
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to demonstrate reading, writing and numerical skills to meet the requirements of the role
What you can expect from us:
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service is one of the largest Fire and Rescue Services outside London with more than 1,600 members of staff and 41 fire stations.
We cover an area of approximately 500 square miles and a culturally diverse population of 2.8 million people. With an international airport serving over 200 destinations, a major motorway network plus over 200 train and tram stations Greater Manchester County presents some of the most operationally varied challenges you will find.
From modern inner-city developments to traditional mill towns, Greater Manchester is made up of ten very different districts – Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan. Our vision is to make Greater Manchester a safer place by being a modern, community focused and influential Fire and Rescue Service.
We strive to ensure that all our practices, including recruitment and selection are applied consistently and fairly and that all applicants are given an equal opportunity based on Merit.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Please also note, due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidance, all interviews will be taking place virtually on Microsoft Teams or Skype. For more guidance and hints and tips for remote interviewing see our website: https://www.greater.jobs/content/10275/our-top-tips-for-video-interviews
To apply for this job please visit gmcajobs.engageats.co.uk.