Website Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
2 x Voluntary Multi-faith Chaplains
1 x Devon and 1 x Somerset areas
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th June 2021
Interviews to take place week commencing 12th July 2021
We are seeking one multi-faith Chaplain for Devon and a further multi-faith Chaplain for the Somerset area. The role is to provide welfare support and pastoral care to all Service employees, their families and retired members during times of need and/or when requested. This is whether the employee has a faith or belief or not, and will be dealt with in a confidential, non-directive manner.
The role involves visiting the fire stations closest to the Chaplains home and/or work base to enable a productive relationship to form. It is envisaged that this would be on an absolute minimum of a monthly basis for each station, and will involve evening working.
Home and hospital visits may be required, as is the need to provide prayer and/or other faith resources as requested.
Applicants must have:-
- Pastoral support experience
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A full, valid driving license with access to a car
- Experience of one-to-one working
- Willingness to visit various locations across the Service as and when required, and nearby stations on a regular basis
- Authorised and Accredited in own faith tradition
- Willingness to undergo appropriate Vetting/Screening processes
For an informal discussion about the two voluntary posts, please contact Kim McNeil, Welfare Officer (Tuesday to Thursday only) on 01392 872241
To apply for this job please visit www.dsfire.gov.uk.