We are recruiting for individuals to join as On-Call Firefighters, and have vacancies at all of our On-Call stations.
On-Call Firefighters provide a range of fire and rescue service roles; these include working at open days, carrying out work with their local communities and acting as an ambassador for the fire service, as well as responding to emergency calls.
At BFRS an On-Call Firefighter can come from any walk of life – our crews already include homemakers, shopkeepers, builders, farmers, office workers and directors of companies, together with people who are not currently employed in other roles. They work closely with the community to increase their level of awareness and to help prevent incidents from occurring in the first place.
To be considered as an On-Call Firefighter you must:
- Be at least 18 years old by the start date
- Hold a full UK driving licence (must have passed the driving test by completion of your application)
Additionally, we look for candidates who demonstrate:
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude
- A keen interest in the Fire and Rescue Services
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to achieve a good level of physical fitness
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to think about the bigger picture in a dynamic and challenging environment
Find out more about the role, the training provided to successful applicants, the benefits you will receive and how to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bucksfire.gov.uk.