Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist support staff, from ICT to fire prevention. Our vision is to make Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
About the Role
We are looking for the best people to join our innovative, forward thinking, and progressive organisation.
We are currently accepting applications for transfers to BFRS from applicants that are:
- Deemed a competent Wholetime Crew and Watch Commander against the relevant role map and national occupational standards
Successful candidates must be willing to work within one of the many shift systems that we offer. This may also include specialist office-based roles.
We are looking for individuals who possess the following personal qualities:
- Keen to contribute to a safer community
- Committed to equality and fairness
- An understanding of their role with regards to health, safety, and welfare
- Motivated to continually improve
- Effective team member
- Effective communicator
- Flexible approach to undertaking new initiatives
- Essential Requirements
Our essential requirements are that you:
- Must be a competent Wholetime Crew or Watch Commander (confirmation of competency will be required)
- Hold Skills for Justice (SFJ) Level 1 Incident Command
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- LGV driver is desirable
- Achieve Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance
- Pass a service medical and fitness test
- Have no current/outstanding development action plans or capability issues related to competency
- Be free of current formal disciplinary actions
Anything else you need to know:
We embed equality, diversity, fairness, and inclusion into everything that we do. We view this as fundamental in order to achieve our vision of making Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel.
If you would relish the opportunity of transferring to an innovative, forward thinking, progressive fire and rescue service, that encourages developing a range of skills to help serve the community, then we would like to hear from you.
If there are any adaptations or adjustments, we can make to help you in your application, or with our recruitment process, please contact us via e-mail or telephone.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role and recruitment process.
(Internal applicants please log in using your iTrent Self Service username and password)
To apply for this job please visit bucksfire.gov.uk.