East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service (ESFRS) will run a second ‘It Starts With You’ development day at their Service Training Centre in Maresfield on Thursday 7 November 2019. The themes for the development day include unconscious bias, the importance of language and what inclusion means to the Fire Service.
‘It Starts With You’ is organised by ESFRS Gender Inclusion Network, a women’s network which aims to encourage equality, inspire positive change, and create an inclusive working environment.
- Hear from Dr Sab Cohen-Hatton, Chief Fire Officer, West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- Interview techniques for interviewees and decision-makers
- Hear from speakers including WFS Chair, Julie King, on why communication matters
- Discover the power of mentoring with The Girls Network
- Intro to Incident Command workshop for ops and non-ops delegates
There are thirty free places available on a first-come, first-served basis, open to all fire and rescue service staff in any role. The cost for those from other services is £45 per person.
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service is a corporate member and supporter of Women in the Fire Service UK.