SENIOR WORKPLACE AND SECURITY MANAGER
Salary £46k – £60k
The post holder is required to ensure that the Workplace is a compliant, secure and welcoming environment. This will need to include but not be limited to:
- Implementing security protocols and security systems to provide the best possible working environment for all staff and stakeholders
- Ensuring the security contractor meets their contractual obligations and required key performance indicators.
- Liaising with Operational Resilience in the review of security incidents and the update of operational process and policy
- Ensure the office and administration Workplace is compliant with the recommendations from Health and Safety Inspections, risk assessments, and that the required audits are undertaken
- Manage workplace services including but not limited to creation of access passes, Switchboard services and delivery of minor projects and office moves
- Act as the main point of contact for tenants and the landlord with regard the daily operation of the office and administration estate
The post holder will lead on the design and implementation of a proactive and outward looking security capability in LFB estates to ensure effective delivery of security within operational settings. This will include the drafting and updating of relevant policies and operational procedures across the Brigade.
This will need to include but not be limited to:
- The installation of CCTV cameras and swipe card readers at all fire stations, Union Street HQ and other ancillary buildings.
- Implementing security protocols and access systems and ensuring the property team can understand and implement these.
- Ensuring required level of estate access is available for all users and aligns to operational requirements.
- Ensure the regular testing of all Security and Health & Safety equipment as required in line with relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Extensive experience of managing an access control system and associated system across a highly active estate.
- Full understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance related to security and health & safety systems.
- Desirable – Understanding of PSIA, BS7858, BS7499. And GDPR requirements. Previous security clearance.
- To be conversant with all life safety systems and assist in responding to all emergencies promptly as illustrated in the Assignment Instructions and Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan.
- Experience managing professional services in respect of building and maintenance works in a multi-disciplined environment with a good working knowledge of security and life safety systems’ maintenance and project procedures.
- Practical experience of the preparation of specifications, drawings and schedules covering improvements, maintenance and related security works.
- Experience of developing and implementing security policies that relate to estates across a complex organisation.
- Experience of using a range of information technology applications together with good keyboard skills and an awareness of the ways in which IT applications can be utilised in the context of the work of the Team.
- Sound knowledge and experience of financial and management information systems including producing programmes, cost estimates, monitoring budgets and expenditure for building maintenance works and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Experience of acting as a facility manager for a headquarters premises or similar significant property.
Closing date: 7th November 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.reed.co.uk.